Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Clay pigeon shooting

Author: Andy Todd
Posted: Mon 1st Sep 2014, 19:28
Local Group: Wiltshire
As a minimum worth reporting it to the council rights of way officer

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/parkingtransportandstreets/roadshighwaysstreetcare/mywiltshirelogin.htm
Author: Steve Hill
Posted: Mon 1st Sep 2014, 17:34
Local Group: Heart of England
Yes we were on a PROW, walking the"Roberts Romp" route, and the traps were electronic. If they did see us they certainly didn't acknowledge us! Anyway no harm done, just wound us up a bit.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Tue 26th Aug 2014, 20:18
Local Group: Mid Wales
It's hard to comment from your description and without seeing it, but all sounds a bit odd, presumably you were on a PROW? I think it very unlikely that a clay club were involved as they would have had safety procedures in place and certainly not risked lead shot landing on you (but I don't know what the distances involved were). The clay pigeon assoc. have pretty strict rules and regs for registered clay grounds and there is no way members of the public should be in any potential danger.

I would imagine it was a private clay shoot set up by people who were rather careless and did not take all the factors into account, or know about the footpath? Were there people operating the clay traps or were the electronic? Surely someone must have seen you if you were that close and could see them?
Author: Steve Hill
Posted: Tue 26th Aug 2014, 12:00
Local Group: Heart of England
Last Sunday me and a pal walked into a huge, recently cut wheat field... no problems. After 2 minutes of walking up a steady hill, we reached the top and we noticed some large contraptions which turned out to be clay pigeon catapults. These suddenly started firing clay pigeons while a group of about 10 people with shotguns began firing at them from the side of the field we were walking to. Basically, they never saw us at all, no-one waved us through so we had no choice but to turn back and find an alternative route through fear of being shot. I cant believe this shooting club sets up on a public right of way with no warning signs.

Has anybody every experienced this before, wonder if anyone knows the rules and regs?

This occurred just north of Worcester at Little Witley

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law