Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Durham Dales Challenge

Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 8th Jul 2014, 19:40
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Congratulations John. This will keep your hand in and keep you occupied till you organise the next Scottish 100!
Author: John M Stewart
Posted: Mon 7th Jul 2014, 21:02
Local Group: Northumbria
Helen,
After that fabulous event Chris is retiring and, although some details have to ironed out, it looks as if I shall be taking over her role as organiser/co-ordinator. I have the necessary experience from running the very successful Scottish 100. The route will be the same, the same chef, mainly the same team, same logistics officer and we aspire to maintain the 25th anniversary standards. This will be tough but we will get there and better still hope that you will be there. Bring along a few colleagues and enjoy the scenery and the companionship.
Author: Helen Jones
Posted: Wed 2nd Jul 2014, 0:38
Local Group: Staffordshire
I would like to say a massive 'Thank You' to Chris McDowell (Organiser) and all Marshalls/Helpers of this years event on 28th June. It has to be said that this event is superbly well orchestrated down to the most minute detail, which makes it a most wonderful and enjoyable challenge. This year was the 25th Anniversary, making it particularly special and everyone involved ensured that this was reflected throughout the event; including Marshalls in fancy dress to raise a much needed laugh when spirits were a little low. The checkpoints provided scrummy cakes and sandwiches to keep energy levels up and there was an enjoyable hot meal at the finish that just 'hit the right spot' after 30 miles on the feet. How can this event improve? It simply can't. We will be back next year for more. Well done to everyone who completed their challenge.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law