Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Final 3 Rings of Shap

Author: Michael Jones
Posted: Mon 16th Jun 2014, 23:19
Local Group: Heart of England
Pity to hear this - I failed miserably on the 3RoS a couple of years ago and was hoping to go back and redeem myself one year!
Author: Duncan Baber
Posted: Mon 16th Jun 2014, 22:05
Local Group: Wiltshire
Tony - I wanted to pass on thanks from myself and Sarah Chilvers for the wonderful event you and your team put on over the weekend. We enjoyed it thoroughly. I have no idea what things were like behind the scenes, but from the outside the organisation was just perfect.

I cannot talk from personal experience but I imagine it takes a massive effort to organise and run an event like you do, and the attention to detail is very much appreciated. From the little glow sticks which your team put out on the end of Ring 2 and the more tricky parts of Ring 3, to the wide range of home produced food on offer at the checkpoints.

I have completed the Three Rings in each of the last four years and I know that the conditions in some of those years have been trying both for those who have taken part, and I imagine also for you as organisers. If this year is to be the last time the event is run, then at least the benign weather we had over the weekend will have helped to ensure the event will be fondly remembered.

Duncan & Sarah
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Mon 16th Jun 2014, 17:02
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
A big hug and thank you to Tony and all his Team of dedicated supporters of this tough but wonderful event. Without this event I doubt I would have ever walked around Shap!

This weekend it was great to have warm, sultry weather and NO RAIN for the event except for a couple brief showers at the end.
This is another 50+ miler event that has great scenery, the wonderful support of LDWA members (and food!) and is cheap to enter but like the Foot in Two Dales and numerous other longer events is now finished.

It seems that in the future to qualify for the LDWA 100 event you will have to have done at least 50 miles of the previous years event!

What LDWA 50 milers are left now here in the North? The Woldsman only?

The Runners/Charity/Scouts events are very expensive and offer little food at check points unlike LDWA events. But it seems these are the way forward now for these distances. I had better save my pennies! Eileen

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law