Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Satmap - Missing Map Tiles

Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Sun 10th Aug 2014, 21:47
Local Group: West Yorkshire
John
I have seen your review
I am on my second card replacement, just received and it will be a while before if I know its OK.
But I have been mostly happy with my Active 10.
GPS lock some times takes a few minutes and sometimes it is really quick. I also have the northern SD card extended down to Nottingham
Overall I am happy but there are a few annoyances, like occasionally it stops tracking for no reason.
Author: John Jocys
Posted: Sat 9th Aug 2014, 23:33
Local Group: East Lancashire
I had a similar problem, see this review. The SD card was repaired (twice), but without going through absolutely every map tile on both the North and the South SD cards I've absolutely no way of knowing if it's been sorted properly.
Posted: Sat 26th Apr 2014, 20:57
It was at least 2 tiles in Glentrool area
East of Glen Luce and south of Glentrool

I also had problems with the S SDcard. I could access 1;25 some of the time but not all of the time. It seemed to be an internal random thing

Satmap seemed a bit baffled
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Sat 26th Apr 2014, 15:40
Local Group: South Wales
Raymond, what area did you find faulty on the 'North' SD Card?. I had a look over my one and did not see anything although obviously it would have taken me a long time to look at every region in detail.
Posted: Fri 25th Apr 2014, 19:49
Well done getting your replacement in advance. My solution was to send my faulty northern SD card to Satmap while I was away at Off'as Dyke using the South SD card.
Posted: Wed 23rd Apr 2014, 10:21
Incidentally, I insisted that they sent me the replacement SD card before I returned my faulty one. This they did and also included a prepaid Special Delivery slip in with the replacement card. I must say that I got good service from them and they also listened and responded well to my suggestions for solving other issues with the device.
Posted: Tue 22nd Apr 2014, 23:52
I have had this problem and Satmap readily agreed to fix it, although I have not got my SD card back yet
But there is another problem where the data is there but not always accessible. Will post again if I get some explantion

I think it may be an occasional problem on all makes of GPS
Posted: Tue 22nd Apr 2014, 13:56
It is a shame that we still cannot edit posts on this Forum. In my original post the map scales should read: '1:25 and 1:50'.
Posted: Tue 22nd Apr 2014, 13:40
I recently purchased a Satmap together with 'GB Platinum Full' mapping wich i expected to have at least complete coverage of the mainland of GB. I soon noticed that there was a significant region around the Land's End area of Cornwall missing on both the 1:15 and 1:50 scale OS maps. I noticed this quickly as we live in Cornwall and visit that area regularly. The missing 'tiles' involved several square miles along the coastal region.

Satmap rebuilt the maps and replaced them for me.

If anyone bought tohse maps brfore april this year then it maght be worth checking in case you also have the faulty maps.

I have not yet checked any other4 regions of the UK (or looked at the 'Northern' region SD card at all) but can I suggest that anyone who notices regions of the mapping missing please share the fact on this forum?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law