Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Today's dog walk

Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Sat 29th Mar 2014, 23:35
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Today I plotted a route that took in A, B and C paths.

B & C paths were not strictly public rights of way.. One was a clear wide limestone track possibly used by one of the utility companies. The other a field boundry (the farmer had not seeded right to the edge and left a wide pathway).
They both showed signs on the floor of human traffic (shoe, cycle, motor bike, horse hoof prints etc) Both had concrete blocks to stop motor vehicles and neither had any notice of private land keep out etc.
Part way along path B there was even a Yorkshire Wildlife Trust nature reserve that the signage pointed out a path route round (if you follow me on Twitter it was the Hopwood picture)

Both are not shown on the local OS map, there not even shown as tracks the map only shows the watercourse that runs at the side of them, it is quiet clear the local population know of said lanes by the amount of fly tipping. The only way I knew of their existence was a look at Google earth the night before.
Is it possible OS have missed 2 paths
Is it possible they are new
It`s probable they are both private land and the local youths have had away with their signs and don't give a chuff.
They both do show extensive use, a dad and young son were fishing the watercourse on my way back!
The nature reserve must be able to be reached (be a nice walk in the summer that, when all the wild flowers are out)

Who can I ask to answer my questions, someone in the council?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law