Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Travel insurance for the active oldie

Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Wed 5th Mar 2014, 21:35
Local Group: Dorset
John,

Just had the same issue (I'm older than you, but not saying here...!)for an extended trip to Aus which includes outback trekking. Found that Nationwide (my BS), which offers free annual insurance (UK and Europe) as part of the banking package would upgrade to annual worldwide for a small payment, and it includes the extended time. The AAC insurance may be good for risky stuff, but wouldn't you need extra for cancellation, lost luggage and all those other traveller dilemmas?
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Thu 27th Feb 2014, 19:51
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi John. Have you tried the Post Office insurance- look them up on the internet? Or try out Money Supermarket on the internet- Google it. Good luck and regards from Eileen.
Author: John Roberts
Posted: Thu 27th Feb 2014, 16:51
Local Group: South Wales
I'm heading for a trek in the Himalayas in October. Insurance premiums don't seem to have caught up with the increasingly active over 65s, though. Any recommendations for a sensible price for a 67 year old trekker?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law