Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Notice Board - E5 European Trek

Author: Jeremy Corke
Posted: Tue 19th Jan 2016, 9:31
Local Group: Bristol & West
Martin
What time of year did you do this trek from Bolzano to Oberstdorf, where you met lots of German groups?
I am thinking of doing this trek in late summer 2016, over say 8/9 days, starting in Oberstdorf.
Has anyone else done this trek?
jeremycorke77@outlook.com
Author: Martin E Banfield
Posted: Fri 23rd Oct 2015, 12:33
Local Group: East Lancashire
Just noticed this. Sue and I did the walk in reverse in 2012. I wrote about it here: http://phreerunner.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/E5
(No index to the postings I'm afraid - I must get round to that!)
It was a brilliant walk, but if doing it again I'd devise an alternative route between Bolzano and Oberstdorf as that was crowded with German guided groups.
Martin B
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Wed 26th Feb 2014, 14:53
Local Group: Lakeland
If you decide to walk this route in future, I can recommend the Ramblers Worldwide Holidays "Across the Alps" walk over two weeks from Oberstdorf to Mals in the Italian Sud Tirol, which I did a couple of years ago. Through four countries in total with a good variety of excellent scenery. Not too many walkers although a lot of cyclists at times as part is on a mountain bike route.

The format is:- Day 1 walk to a mountain hut and stay for two nights, Day 2 a day walk to a suitable peak or put your feet up and drink coffee and beer, Day 3 walk to a hotel in a valley. This sequence is repeated four times. Ideal for anyone wishing to try hutting for the first time.
Posted: Sun 23rd Feb 2014, 9:31
Have decided not to undertake this trek in 2014. Doing part of G R 5 instead.
J Corke
February 2014
Posted: Tue 4th Feb 2014, 8:16
Am planning to walk from Oberstdorf to Bolzano over 8/9 days at beginning of July, and wonder if anyone has done this trek, or are interested in doing it?
I would envisage walking circa 8 hours a day.
Jeremy Corke
jeremycorke@btconnect.com

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law