Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 100 qualifying events

Author: Paul Flintoft
Posted: Tue 19th Nov 2013, 23:05
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Thanks for replies, like I said looking at doing qualifying events for 2015 hundred so I'm going to do wolds an in April and try the three rings of shap in June tried three rings this year managed ring 1+2 then bailed out of third with blisters and a warm radiator in walk HQ . Hopefully will be better prepared this year both physically and mentally
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Tue 19th Nov 2013, 20:25
Local Group: South Wales
I should add....
I meant the Lakeland 50 (not the Lakeland 10 Peaks) and Brecon Beacons 10 Peaks.
Just for clarity!!!

DM
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Tue 19th Nov 2013, 10:46
Local Group: London
Paul, why not do both the Woldsman & 3-rings in 2014. Then do them again in 2015. You''ll soon find that your horizons of capability expand to fit the task in hand.
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Mon 18th Nov 2013, 11:19
Local Group: South Wales
The Valleys 100 acceptance for the main event is being strictly enforced. This is being done in order to achieve consistency and to ensure that every entrant has a really good chance of succeeding.
I have unfortunately turned away several applicants who have not provided evidence of a qualifying event for the Valleys 100, and this has included some people who have previously completed 100 mile walks.
To be fair to some of the applicants that I have turned down, they have accepted the rules, and gone out and qualified with a suitable 50 miler.
I have had my eyes opened to some events that I'd not heard of before, and some are clearly gruelling and fit the criteria of the Valleys 100 qualifying standard. Indeed, some appear to be even harder!!
There are too many of these events to list, but two that spring to mind are the Brecon Beacons & Lakeland 10 Peaks, plus some running events where runners self navigate and start their runs in the evening!

David Morgan
Entries Secretary
Valleys 100
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Sun 17th Nov 2013, 0:02
Local Group: East Lancashire
The Valley organisers say the following...

An entrant who has not done so may be accepted at the organisers' discretion, provided evidence is provided that the
entrant is capable of completing a 100 mile route.

But they want to make sure everyone who enters has a good chance of finishing, so I suspect they will lean towards one of the named qualifiers to err on the side of caution.
Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Sat 16th Nov 2013, 22:27
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Evening Paul

I doubt the 2016 organisers (Dorset group) would allow a qualifying event done in 2014. You should be able to use the completion of the Woldsman or The 3 Rings of Shap in 2014 for the Red Rose event in 2015 keep a look out for the event page after next years event. They will state the qualifying events in the rules.

As a side. I have just noticed the North Yorkshire group have been awarded the 2017 event.
Author: Paul Flintoft
Posted: Sat 16th Nov 2013, 21:39
Local Group: North Yorkshire
I am wanting to do the 2015 hundred, I need to do a qualifying event so I'm looking at the [Woldsman ]or three rings of shap if I'm successful at either of these how long will I be able to use these results as a way of entering a 100 event ie can doing Woldsman 2014 be used say for 2016 one hundred?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law