Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Spectacles Demister/ Anti Fog

Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 25th Oct 2013, 17:08
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
I too have problems with my specs misting up. I've tried contact lenses but my eyes are too dry to wear them for long. And they plop out all the time! Can't afford eye surgery. So specs are here to stay- so I treated myself to some ultra light titanium frames from spec savers. With reactolight lenses. They are good until the wind blows them off!
But at least the darkened lenses hide the bags under my eyes!
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Thu 17th Oct 2013, 7:30
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Yes contact lenses....worn them for years, daily disposables are perfect.
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Wed 16th Oct 2013, 22:11
Local Group: East Lancashire
Contact lenses...?

Mist clears in a blink of the eye...

I tried them many years ago but couldn't get used to them. Not sure they can match my complex prescription these days...

May be worth considering?
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Wed 16th Oct 2013, 20:13
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Thanks Mike.

A biker colleague at work has mentioned 2 products such as "shift it" and "muc off". That's what he used for his motorbike visor. I'll keep looking.....hopefully one day through demisted specs!
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 16th Oct 2013, 10:46
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Norman

I read recently in the scientific press that an effective antimist coating has just been developed for glass surfaces. Apparently, there has been as lot of research money thrown at this, because it is big (and sometimes dangerous) problem e.g. spectacles, binoculars, telescopes, vehicle windscreens etc.

I don't know when it will reach the domestic market of course.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Sun 13th Oct 2013, 19:41
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
A group of us did the Steppingley Step Marshals walk today. Excellent route and route description. Challenging weather. Very well supported by Dave and Merrian.

Four of us were walking thru woods with our spectacles fogged up not seeing a lot!

Can anyone recommend any sprays/solutions which will prevent this? Laser eye surgery would solve the problem I know but is a bit pricey........

Answers on a postcard please to...

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law