Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Northumberland 100: The Final Countdown

Author: Geoffrey J Grimster-Shepherd
Posted: Fri 2nd Jun 2006, 14:58
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
APROPOS - I failed to mention the spectacular scenery, fantastic support from the marshalls/checkpoints, one and all, good solid food sustenance (don't listen to any moans about "Not more pasties!") Steak pie and pasties though a little solid on the stomach proved the long chain carbohydrate stodge needed to keep us going, especially on that long lean trek across Windy Gyle.
I have only just heard of the tragic loss of David Mitchell,
such sad news of the absence of friends and fellow devotees at both the outset and end of the event, my thoughts are with thier families.
Author: Philip Powell
Posted: Thu 1st Jun 2006, 18:16
Local Group: Northumbria
Having seen you finish, I know exactly who you're talking about - although she always seems incredibly cheerful! Well done to you all.
Author: Geoffrey J Grimster-Shepherd
Posted: Thu 1st Jun 2006, 16:04
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Whew, that was a tough one, I do fear we may put the newcommers to 100's off future events if we persist in out doing the previous in terms of difficulty and ascent. None-the-less, my particular thanks to the Wirral Princess who kept a couple of us old timers going with her cheer and humour, you're a champion! Never had made it without you.
Posted: Wed 31st May 2006, 16:44
Thanks for updating to let us know Phillip
Posted: Wed 31st May 2006, 16:36
The results will be posted on the website but first of all: all the times at each cp have to be entered and then checked for any obvious discrepancies. That means some 9000 separate times - about 6000 have been entered so far. There will also be a slight delay as the control sheets from 2 cps were not returned directly to control and we are awaiting their arrival!
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 14:19
Local Group: South Wales
I did my best, but there were still pies left for Monday breakfast. I loved the cheese Cornish.
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 14:17
Local Group: High Peak
who ate all the pies?
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 13:17
Any idea if the results will be posted anywhere
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Fri 26th May 2006, 14:15
Local Group: London
...and remember to get your reports in to Strider! Extended deadline is June 15.
Posted: Fri 26th May 2006, 13:45
Good luck to all those entering tomorrow!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law