Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 50 plus events next year?

Author: Melissa Butcher
Posted: Thu 29th Aug 2013, 15:55
Local Group: London
i'd say it's not so much about being organised as being part of a social event - its fun to run/walk with other people to share the experienece. plus it's a bit of competition to push myself a bit faster :-) And i find it really nice to keep running into the same people in training for the 100.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Wed 28th Aug 2013, 21:30
Local Group: Mid Wales
If it's training you want, why don't you go for a 50 mile walk?
Walking isn't restricted to organised events, the great thing about it is you can 'get up and go' anytime or place, with or without company. I think it sad so many people want to be organised.
Author: Rob Richardson
Posted: Wed 28th Aug 2013, 19:25
Local Group: South Wales
The Wellington Boot 100k should be in April 2014. Keep an eye on the Cornwall & Devon website.
Posted: Wed 28th Aug 2013, 17:19
Thanks guys, that's very helpful.
Author: Michael Jones
Posted: Wed 28th Aug 2013, 17:11
Local Group: Heart of England
I'm pretty sure the 2014 Poppyline is going ahead, they just haven't added it to the calendar yet. I think some adjacent groups run their 50s in two or three year cycles, so if there isn't a Dorset Giant next year there should be another 50 somewhere in the SW at around the same time (last year was the Wye Forest 50). Outside the LDWA there's the Bogle Stroll in Manchester, although as I found last year that's pretty horrible - it's all within the urban area with nothing remotely resembling a scenic view, mile after mile of pavement did for my feet and passing through the pub district late at night wasn't pleasant...
Author: Ian Brazier
Posted: Wed 28th Aug 2013, 14:36
Local Group: Essex & Herts
Plenty on 100 marathon club under "ultras"

There are plenty of running races where fast walkers could probably enter i.e. Country to Captial 45m in Jan?
Posted: Tue 27th Aug 2013, 16:54
hi, just looking at the ldwa challenge events calendar for early 2014 (in preparation for the 100) but I can't see many challenge events and none 50 miles and over (except the Woldsman which i can't make). No Poppyline this year? No Dorset Giant? I'm bereft of training opportunities. Does anyone know any non-ldwa events? I've had a look at the ultra runners site but they look too intimidating :-)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law