Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Birmingham Canal Canter Cake Competition

Author: Mike Phelan
Posted: Sun 22nd Sep 2013, 18:21
Local Group: Heart of England
Just to say well done Dave, again, wonderful event, wonderful food, wonderful weather. How do you do it?
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Sun 22nd Sep 2013, 0:04
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I should say how wonderful the food was at the other checkpoints too - porridge and toast at no1 and the most superb humous and cucumber sandwiches at no 2. Just fantastic! I am also still amazed at the canals, especially the very narrow ones with lots of locks just after Brindley Place (Farmer's Flight?) and buildings with canal in their basement. I wouldn't want to do this route every week, but once a year is just fab!
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Sat 21st Sep 2013, 22:21
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Plum flapjacks get my vote - scrummy! Lemon cake was good too - sorry didn't try any others.
Author: Stuart Ashley
Posted: Mon 16th Sep 2013, 8:40
Local Group: Lincolnshire
The Ponton Plod.
Thanks to everyone who took part in The Ponton Plod yesterday. To the relief of all the forecast heavy rain in the afternoon never arrived, just a couple of showers.
Hope to see you all again for next years event on September 14th.
Author: David Powell
Posted: Sun 15th Sep 2013, 18:42
Hi Mui yes the grid reference is wrong it should be SP 096 847 That will put you right at the entrance to the Ackers site on Golden Hillock Road
(its about 250 acres) we will then have parking marshals to guide you. Just a quick note to anyone without plans for the 21st we still have about 25 spaces left and online bookings (sportident) are open until Wednesday
Author: Mui Imm Tan
Posted: Sat 7th Sep 2013, 9:40
Local Group: Wessex
I just noticed that the Grid reference for the BCC start location does not correspond to the postcode. Could you please correct the grid reference.
Author: David Powell
Posted: Tue 27th Aug 2013, 11:09
Just a quick note to advise that you have only a few weeks to enter the Birmingham Canal Canter and thereby become a judge in the in the competition. Secret recipes are being dusted down and ingredients being readied all we need is your help to judge which entry is the best.
Entries on line at sportident or entry forms down loadable on the HOE web site.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law