Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - pace netto / pace brutto

Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Wed 14th Aug 2013, 10:03
Local Group: Marches
Thanks Michael - that clears up one mystery - I am sure that I will find many others in the brave new world of smart phones and apps!
Author: Michael Headley
Posted: Tue 13th Aug 2013, 0:09
Local Group: Kent
Sorry, can't help with walking apps, but this explanation for Netto and Brutto seems to be hiding in the underlying CycleDroid code: "It's the average time you needed to cover the distance of one kilometer (or one mile depending on units you selected). Pace brutto includes breaks and stops (time when you don't move), pace netto - not." Slightly helpful, I hope.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Mon 12th Aug 2013, 21:25
Local Group: Marches
Does anyone know what this means - on the advice of Sahrah from Mid Wales I downloaded a cycle app ( my first app download!). Actually it wasn't the one she recommended as I couldn't find that one - but one called CycleDroid that tells me among other useful things what my pace netto and brutto were. What are they - wikipedia has failed me - and are there any good walking apps I should be looking for?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law