Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Magnificent Malvern Midsummer Marathon

Author: Simon Pipe
Posted: Sun 23rd Jun 2013, 22:10
Local Group: Heart of England
Why are my legs in worse condition after the superb MMM than they were at the end of the Hundred? Obviously, reason one is that I'm kidding myself; reason two may be that it's a walk with a sting in the tail. Even though the route description clearly said there were ten named summits in the last six miles, and even though we could see them perfectly well, they still came as a shock to my quads. And the last 480 yards, down a very steep road, were the hardest: I watched one local chap explaining to his puzzled children that the man was walking down the hill backwards because it was the only way his (injured) legs would get him there.

This was a great event, covering the whole of the Malvern ridge (a bit at the start, and the rest at the finish), with some charming countryside in between. The miles into Ledbury were a delight. The food was great too (there seemed to be a lot, but maybe that was because I'd decided to see just how fast I could walk and never mind the consequent pain).

I recommend this event very highly. Even though it might mean it's full up when I decide to do it next year.

I gather the fastest runner home finished in under four hours. With 4,800 feet of ascent!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law