Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - wenlock olympian walk ,20/21 july

Author: Richard Plumley
Posted: Sun 9th Jun 2013, 16:06
Local Group: Bristol & West
Mark,thankyou for your reply,I was glad to see it was not something I was doing wrong, I will take you up on your offer my email address is r.plumley581@btinternet.com regards Richard
Author: Mark Edwards
Posted: Sun 9th Jun 2013, 15:42
Local Group: Merseystride
Hi Richard,
I've just tried transferring to my Oregon 450 and can see what you mean. The problem is that the GPX is set up as a route (which has a limited number of points) rather than a track (which has a much bigger limit). If you convert the route to a track before sending to the GPS then all should be fine. I can do this easily enough in memory-map - if you don't have any software to do it then I can send you another GPX - just let me know an email address.
Mark
Posted: Sat 8th Jun 2013, 20:50
Mark,tried all that and every other way I can get it to my desktop but when I download to my GPS which is a garmin oragon 400,it goes to route planner and as so many waypoints are used only goes to the checkpoint after abdon burf .it needs to go to track manager to be any use,have you downloaded it to your gps?
Author: Mark Edwards
Posted: Sat 8th Jun 2013, 10:01
Local Group: Merseystride
Worked fine for me - just right click on the link and 'save as' to download the file. You should then be able to open it in your mapping software or send to your GPS.
Posted: Mon 3rd Jun 2013, 10:51
has anybody managed to download the GPS for this walk successfully

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law