Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Peddars Way

Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Mon 24th Nov 2014, 22:33
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Its a good walk.
On the map it looks like there is a lot of road walking on Peddar's Way. However, they are mostly narrow lanes with a very wide verge so you can mostly walk on grass.
We did it using 1:50k maps. I only did Peddar's Way because it was one of the few places open in the Foot and Mouth! But I was pleased I did it.
On the coastal section there is a bus route which can be used to avoid bag carrying, by staying in one place to d several sections.
Author: Susan Turner
Posted: Mon 24th Nov 2014, 13:24
I will be walking it the summer of 2015 as the finish of my Greater Ridgeway Walk. Would love to hear comments about it.
Author: Phil Rutter
Posted: Mon 27th May 2013, 12:28
Local Group: North Yorkshire
I'm walking the Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path National Trail next month. Any thoughts from members who have done this walk would be appreciated.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law