Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Support on the Hundred

Author: Mark Garratt
Posted: Wed 22nd May 2013, 17:41
Local Group: Heart of England
My wife walked with me from 80 miles last year . If it wasn't for her support and knowing she was there for me I wouldn't have finished . She even helped out at the checkpoint before my arrival as i was 6 hours late .she also got a mention in the results booklet along with the rest " the unknown phisio angel " was how they put it.This year she is supporting me from each checkpoint were conveinent with the orgainisers
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Wed 22nd May 2013, 17:09
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Now't wrong in that, I've done it myself.
Author: Jim Tinnion
Posted: Wed 22nd May 2013, 16:25
Local Group: Marches
Anyone have any views on whether having a supporter walk the final part of the route with me (assuming I get that far) is within either the rules or the spirit of the event?

I wouldn't accept physical assistance, but it'd be a nice way to finish with my partner, who is giving up her BH weekend and training to look after a potentially gibbering wreck!

Cheers
Jim

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law