Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - camel Teign route description

Author: Ian Crawford
Posted: Thu 23rd May 2013, 15:36
Local Group: Wessex
Weather forecast for the 100 looks very good. Lets hope that it stays that way. Good luck to all the participants.
Author: Andy Todd
Posted: Tue 21st May 2013, 14:55
Local Group: Wiltshire
Fairly trivial to amend the GPX track to the 'correct' route, if required.

A number of online sites exist which will allow you to edit the route (eg http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php)
Author: Richard Plumley
Posted: Tue 21st May 2013, 12:35
Local Group: Bristol & West
Hi Louise, I have just downloaded the latest gpx files, section A legs 1-4 has the final version ie stay on camel trail beyond cp1 .but section D legs 11+12 does not have the ammendment into the country park,it still shows the previous route this is section 12.9 on the route description,and is why a map of the ammendment has been provided. the entire route gpx also has not been ammended here as well so dont follow gpx on route description 12.9 to 12.12
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Sat 18th May 2013, 22:17
Local Group: Staffordshire
Thank you for the final route - and the care taken over getting it near perfect. I did notice there is some extra detail in section 16.5 - right at the end - that is not highlighted in red - not that anyone will get lost - as we shall be following the tapes.

Could you just clarify please - do the GPX routes follow the final route?

Thank you Louise
Posted: Thu 16th May 2013, 20:58
Francis, there is no need to buy the OS maps as well. If there are any route changes, then the organisers will supply you with a map at 1:25,000 scale to cover the route change, showing where it leaves and rejoins the original route.
Annette Merchant - Entries Sec.
Author: Francis Hay
Posted: Thu 16th May 2013, 9:13
Local Group: Surrey
Sorry to be nuisance, I know the organisers are working hard on this but I have bought the composite map and am intending to use that. If there is going to be a major change then the composite map not contain the route. Is this likely to happen? Should I get the ordinary OS maps as well?
Posted: Tue 14th May 2013, 19:42
Yes, there will be a final definitive route description uploaded to the web site. We had hoped to have it uploaded by last weekend, but unfortunately it just hasn't been possible. It is also unfortunate that the bank holidays fall only 3 weeks apart rather than the usual 4 or even sometimes 5 weeks. This has made everything a real squeeze to fit in between. The organisers are acutely conscious that people are going to be travelling down as early as this weekend and we are trying to get the final RD uploaded ASAP. Please bear with us. This final RD will incorporate the amendments already uploaded to the event website and a very few minor amendments resulting from the marshals' walk. Don't panic if you have to leave home before it is available. Any major amendments will be issued to you on the day.
Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Tue 14th May 2013, 19:41
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Best stick a permanent felt tip in mi rucksack then.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 14th May 2013, 19:32
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Just to support Ian and Johns posts. I'm sure any last minute changes to the route description will be supplied on the day. This is what happens with all events. Any walker with a reasonable amount of experience should be able to cope with these and incorporate them into their route description laminated or not!
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Tue 14th May 2013, 18:46
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I'm with John Phillips on this one. I can understand that some walkers, maybe those's doing their first hundred will be a little nervous and want all the information they can get. But with just over a week to go the Cornwall & Devon group will be very busy doing all sorts of things. I sure everybody (not just the few that look at this forum) will get any route changes on the day. Don't forget this event as taken over 3 years to put together and all done by unpaid volunteers, so a little patience is called for.
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Tue 14th May 2013, 17:21
Local Group: East Yorkshire
It would be lovely for the organisers to be able to say - here's the route and there will be no further changes. Unfortunately, we live in the real world where we have to deal with situations as they arise. Permissions for access may be withdrawn (eg when idiots mark route with yellow paint), paths may be deemed as unsuitable due to weather etc, etc..
Everyone entered should be able to cope with a last minute change of route (you have all signed to say you can route find by map and compass) so if you have to print everything now and mark up maps, then so be it. Any last minute changes will be advised at registration, I assume.
Get off the organisers backs. They are doing their best on your behalf and don't need this extra hassle.
Author: Martin Callow
Posted: Tue 14th May 2013, 16:05
Local Group: Dorset
If there is a final version, it would be most helpful if that could be released this week as some of us are going down to Cornwall this weekend and will not have internet access again until after the event. We all appreciate that Cornwall & Devon Group must be under great pressure though, so the alternative will have to be to merge the existing documents.
Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Mon 13th May 2013, 21:58
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Could someone from Cornwall/Devon group please answer this query ASAP please

I too am about to print off map and route description for the 100 and laminate

yours, Aaron
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Mon 13th May 2013, 11:08
Local Group: London
I was talking to Roy L??? about this on Saturday on the Rhondda Rollercoaster. He says there'll be another amendment.
Author: Mark Garratt
Posted: Mon 13th May 2013, 10:21
Local Group: Heart of England
Does anyone now if the current route description is the final amendment . I'm about to mark up my os maps this week but want to make sure they be no alterations .be greatful if someone could clarify

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law