Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Dorset Giant

Author: Chris Pitt
Posted: Tue 30th Apr 2013, 9:17
Local Group: Dorset
Thanks to Team Tring for sharing their Photos of the Dorset Giant. The early photos of Weymouth Seafront also reminds me that entries are now open for the Dorset Doddle.
Author: Alan Stewart
Posted: Mon 22nd Apr 2013, 12:02
Local Group: Kent
A big Thank you to all the people involved in running this wonderful event, particularly Deirdre for providing the Gluten free parcels for me at each checkpoint, it was a rare treat as it meant that on a long event like the Giant I did not have to carry as much food as I normally do.

Could Mike teach his technique to other event organizers as this was the first challenge I walk for a long while where I haven't been slipping and sliding in mud all the way round.

Thank you once again for a great event and a stunning route in such beautiful countryside.
Author: Chris Pitt
Posted: Mon 22nd Apr 2013, 10:55
After a long winter it was nice to see the sun arrive in time for the Dorset Giant, I can’t believe it was only a month ago that we trudged through the mud on the marshals’ walk. As I travelled between the start and CP2 at Loders I stopped along the way to take a few photos which are now available here
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Mon 22nd Apr 2013, 9:31
I talked to the two beautiful megaliths on the route and explained that they would have lots of visitors that weekend. So, if the weather was good...
Author: David Giles
Posted: Mon 22nd Apr 2013, 8:05
Local Group: Sussex
A big thank you to all organisers and volunteers at the weekend,your hard work was very much appreciated, with the weather organising committee getting it spot on ! Even the rutted couple of fields have faded into memory.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law