Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 5L+P

Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 14:08
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
John, I agree about the software. I type my post into Wordpad or similar, check it and then copy and paste it into the Post Text. A bit over the top perhaps, but I'm terrified that a spelling mistake will detract from I'm trying to say.
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 13:36
A real pity with this software is that you cannot edit a post you have submitted. my second sentence should say "I am not sure I agree with your post..."
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 13:35
That sounds a bit like getting your retaliation in first Mike.
I am not sure I have with your statement though. Certainly I have seen reviews of events where there has been insufficient liquid available at checkpoints. In my view that is unacceptable on a walk that advertises refreshments as being available. I agree entirely about people arguing about whether fruit cake should be on or not but basic sustenance should be provided if that is what has been advertised

John
Author: Mike Buckley
Posted: Fri 28th Apr 2006, 0:35
Local Group: Heart of England
Those who make judgements about the quality of provision on events are best equipped to do so when they have been involved on the other side of the checkpoint table. Thanks to our helpers on the 5L+P both from the group and from Church Lench and Staffs groups for making our first event a success. Well done Bob Mitchell for bringing it all together. Mike Buckley

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law