Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Censorship

Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Tue 12th Feb 2013, 11:05
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Thank you, and it's great to see the link to the LDWA policy about dogs on walks.
Author: Forum Moderator
Posted: Tue 12th Feb 2013, 9:52
Please note: The forum topic about 'Dogs' has been restored. It was hidden at the request of several LDWA members whilst the content of the topic was reviewed. Please be aware that the Forum is monitored and the LDWA reserve the right to remove any unsuitable posts.
Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Mon 11th Feb 2013, 17:17
Have we been muzzled or lead astray? Will the culprit be collared?
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 20:27
Seeing it was me who asked for the Dogs thread to be locked I suppose I better comment on here. I cannot and will not say why I asked for the action I did but the censorship theory is way off mark. I too think it was a mistake to pull the thread and I suspect it was done by mistake. The two people who look after this forum was unable to take action and I think the person who did it because he/her was under pressure by a couple of posters who was active in the latter stages of that thread.

I wonder Simon when you get back on Tuesday will it be possible to reinstate the thread,

A poster asked if he could start a new dogs thread? Well why don't you do it.

Ian Sykes.
Author: Noel Peat
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 18:22
Local Group: High Peak
I agree with the other comments in this post. As an event organiser, the dog thread provided a very useful gauge of LDWA members views on this important topic, which we took into account before making our final decision to allow dogs.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 16:10
Local Group: Mid Wales
I am very dissapointed to see the thread pulled, I read a strong debate with diverse opinions from all sides, nothing more than that.

I beleive deleting the thread was completely unecessary and not in the best interests of the forum - which is here to debate issues, there was no personal abuse on there so why has it gone? If there was personal abuse between parties I can only presume it was by private e-mail, which is something else altogether.
Matthew.
Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 14:11
My Oxford Dictionary defines "forum" as "giving opportunity for public debate" (amongst other definitions).
I believe that the membership deserve an explanation why the "opportunity for public debate" on this topic is no longer available.

May I begin another thread on the same topic?
Author: Lisa Gittins
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 13:18
Local Group: Merseystride
Why couldn't it have been left for everyone to see?
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 11:11
Local Group: South Wales
I know this has been discussed previously but as the recent thread about 'Dogs on walks' seems to have been deleted I would like to know the position on this and who makes the decisions.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law