Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 2013 100-GPX Files

Author: Alan Greenwood
Posted: Thu 7th Feb 2013, 19:57
Local Group: Calderdale
Thanks. Good reason for using the official digital file because it should be more accurate.
Posted: Thu 7th Feb 2013, 19:33
By the way Alan, in reply to your post - the gpx files have originated from actually walking the route, not from mapping software.
Posted: Thu 7th Feb 2013, 19:32
Thanks Richard for pointing that out, whilst the file name was correctly labelled the title was showing Part D instead of Part E. I have now corrected this and re-uploaded the Part E gpx file to the website.
Annette Merchant
Author: Richard Plumley
Posted: Wed 6th Feb 2013, 19:55
Local Group: Bristol & West
I have downloaded the 5 seperate files and noticed that section E comes up as section D so we have 2 section D which may be confusing on the walk, when you open up the section E file it is actually printed as section D can this be corrected?
Posted: Wed 6th Feb 2013, 19:50
My effort of creating the gpx files was well worth it. By the time I had consulted Google Earth a dozen times I felt like I was doing the walk. Devon and Cornwall looked magnificent in the sunshine. I was three quarters of the way through before I decided to contact the organisers, with some trepidation after the route description problems, to see what they were doing about the digital route. Their response confirmed something was going to be done and was imminent but I decided to complete what I had started.
The organisers look to have done a first rate job so I can consign my files to the dustbin.
Just one question remains for me. Did the official gpx files originate from a walked gps or have they been prepared using computer mapping?
Author: Francis Hay
Posted: Wed 6th Feb 2013, 17:54
Local Group: Surrey
Oh dear Alan I was just about to download yours when I saw the 100 site was updated :-( Nevermind you'll have a pretty good idea of what we can expect.... Thanks anyway.
Author: Terry Bound
Posted: Tue 5th Feb 2013, 23:21
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Many thanks to Barry & Annette the GPX files are uploaded onto the
Camel-Teign Ivor's Dream 100 web page

Hazel

Chair 100 C'ttee
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Tue 5th Feb 2013, 23:01
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Brilliant! Thanks Alan
Posted: Tue 5th Feb 2013, 21:06
I have just finished plotting the route for the 100 on to Tracklogs. If anyone wishes to make use of my labours they should go to GPX Files and save each file excluding the directory. Remember you will have to find a gpx file on your PC. What I have done has no official capacity and I understand similar information will be provided by the organisers in due course. It was quite a task and I had to refer to Google Earth several times so use it at your own risk but it should save you a lot of time.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law