Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Rhayader Mountain Trail.

Posted: Fri 5th May 2006, 10:24
Noticed last night it says we have to carry a Bivvybag. What passes as a bivvy? Do I need to go out and buy one today?
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 27th Apr 2006, 22:03
Local Group: Mid Wales
Get the Explorer 200. It's 1:25000 for Llandrindod Wells & Elan Valley, covers the whole area with plenty to spare, it's one of my favourite maps - if you know what I mean. You can do with this scale (as opposed to the 1:50000) and the extra detail it gives. Matt.
Posted: Thu 27th Apr 2006, 12:11
Matt- I can probably find out from the race info I've got, but do you know what number map/maps I need?
Posted: Thu 20th Apr 2006, 17:36
I take it you are running Matt? It is an excellent course this year, need a bit of map reading as well if you don't know the area. We always try to put on something reasonably challenging and I don't think this will dissapoint. Fingers crossed for good weather. Matt.
Posted: Wed 19th Apr 2006, 16:42
Looking forward to this one. I've run the road race in Rhayader a few times and the hills look great.
Posted: Fri 14th Apr 2006, 21:35
Whatever anyone may have heard, the Mid-Wales group is alive, active and currently 100% free of 'bird flue'. Our big walk - the RMT is on Sat. May 6th, we have a great new route that is a good challenge, to loosen you up for the summer months. We would all like to see a few more new faces for this walk, it really is worth the trip and we could do with the support.
We promise you a good day out - just don't wear a sheepskin coat up here!!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law