Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - training partner needed

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 5th Mar 2013, 9:41
Local Group: Dorset
Michelle, as a training event, why not try the "Dorset Doddle" on August 18th.

Although it is "only" 32 miles, it is a serious challenge walk, and a good test of fitness, motivation and experience. It is also a beautiful and scenic route. There is considerably more ascent and descent on the Doddle, than on the Yorkshire "Three Peaks". I cannot think of a more demanding "day out" event in Southern England.

You can enter online through SiEntries. Note that it is almost invariably fully subscribed, before the official entry closing date.
Posted: Fri 8th Feb 2013, 16:15
thank you elton,,
i had just been looking at the challenges this morning and would like to progress to the mighty 100 but not till next year. looking forward to it already thou.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Thu 31st Jan 2013, 18:54
Local Group: Surrey
Why not do some Challenge walks? Many 30 milers, some 50s,and of course the Hundred. You walk at your own pace, but there will be people faster and slower than you, and usually someone to chat to. Many are accessible by rail, some offer a hall floor to sleep on the night before and after.
Posted: Thu 31st Jan 2013, 16:01
hey,
im a long distance speed walker and this year im looking for people/s who can hold there own and push me a little.
living in the south of england is not the best place for hills but i am able to get oop north once a month or as i usally work tuesday to sat i could be available on sun/monday.
ive have completed several 40milers under ten hours , also completed my first 66.5 miles in under 18hrs last september.
the pennine way was achieved in 13.5 days . cape wrath in 17days ...ect, ect,
its not that i want to do these as quickly as i can but i only have two speeds. stop n go !! and if there is a pub at the end .there is NO stopping me.
im looking to complete the transpenine challenge this year in june and would love to get a great time.
is there anybody out there like me???????

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law