Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Snow and other things

Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 21:26
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Merrian, speaking as a man, personally and not as a Committee member, that comment would be deplored, if the sexes were swapped over and anyway, football always comes before sex and food!
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sat 9th Feb 2013, 14:29
Local Group: Mid Wales
Eileen has been silent for 3 weeks now - is she locked in the cupboard with her men?
Eileen, we would like an update on "Snow and other things"!
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2013, 21:00
Local Group: East Lancashire
I notice Eileen hasn't been on here all day...

I hope she hasn't lost the wardrobe door key already...
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2013, 12:01
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
A girl can’t get all she needs from one man - plumber, decorator, mechanic, comedian, etc., so get loads of them and put them in a harem.

We all know they’re basically only interested in two things, sex and food. So when the wiper blades on the car need to be changed, and it’s cold outside, choose the appropriate lad from the harem, give ‘em a meal and a good time, then set them to work.

I’ve lobbed this plan into many a social walk and, during the ensuing discussion, nobody notices the miles and hills.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2013, 10:33
Local Group: Surrey
Would be a fine thing to be able to keep your man in a wardrobe and just take him out when you need him.
Otherwise they just clutter the place up and leave a trail of mess behind them which someone (guess who, not them) has to clean up.

I guess many (most? all?) women feel like that.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2013, 9:37
Local Group: Mid Wales
Wine to many now- my last night of single person being. Clear out second wardrobe!

She's cleared out 2 wardrobes now ...... how many more new boyfriends are there????
Good luck, hope they enjoy being kept in the wardrobes, are they like suits, only taken out on special occasions?

Matt.
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Sat 19th Jan 2013, 21:55
Local Group: East Lancashire
Quote:
Tonight I'm supposed to be making room in my wardrobe for the boyfriend to move in.

Do you propose keeping him in the wardrobe then...?

Good luck!!!
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sat 19th Jan 2013, 21:34
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
ps I have been on my own for 22 years so having a boyfriend let alone having a fella move in is a big deal for me! I have let him know LDWA is my passion- after him of course!

Can't think of anything else I need to know to keep a partner happy... apart from the obvious.. love 'em to bits!

Get the walking/running kit on maybe?!

Wine to many now- my last night of single person being. Clear out second wardrobe!
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sat 19th Jan 2013, 20:58
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
l love the snow! It's rare really, just once a year or so and is disruptive for some but I still have a childish love for it. Those Yaktracks make walking to work and anywhere so easy! I made smart move to work near where I live.Just half a mile away and pop home for lunch and a bit of fresh air.

I'm going to Poundshop to get a plastic sledge thingy to make going down hill in hilly areas easy. Especially those scree slopes in the Lake District, all weathers!

Tonight I'm supposed to be making room in my wardrobe for the boyfriend to move in. It takes a bottle of wine for me to do it and instead I find myself writing on here... ! oh well he has a good tool kit and knows how to use it so thats good news.

My spare bedroom is a spare bedroom no longer but a walking/camping room- just how many tents/camping stoves does a man need for goodness sake! My Christmas present to the boyfriend of a years YHA membership was wishful thinking on my part. Still there is good fun to be had in tents! And great romantic weekends. I just don't like carrying the damn things...

I've made it clear that from Feb onwards all weekends that I'm not working or visiting my mum are dedicated to walking until after May. Housework/gardening are out! The odd girlie weekend is in though with Patricia in the Dales.

After May is of course after the 100. Everything is on hold until then.

Well not quite everything..

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law