Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - I saw a Naked Rambler

Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 22nd Nov 2012, 10:16
Local Group: Mid Wales
I saw one in New Zealand on a busy trail, he was walking with a group towards us (the others being clothed). Jane didn't even notice him, and he was a Brit which may explain it. Matt.
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Wed 21st Nov 2012, 22:35
Local Group: East Lancashire
My Son and I stumbled across such a naked rambler after we had climbed Williams Clough near Hayfield, as we started to descend to the Snake Pass a couple of years ago.

We had just overtaken a large party of young ladies who were also ascending William's Clough.

We estimated that they would arrive at the top of William's Clough about the same time as he.

Being chaps ourselves, we were not too phased by what we saw, but we were concerned that the party of girls who were behind may have been slightly more sanguine than we.

Choosing to see a naked man is one thing. Not having the choice is another.

Kinder Scout one day, San Francisco the next...
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Wed 21st Nov 2012, 20:34
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
I saw a Naked Rambler
Not a stitch did he have on
But I let me eyes a wander
His rucksack what a big one!

Actually true but I wasn't looking at his rucksack of course. Apparently there is a society of naked walkers. Very lean, fit and bearded individuals. I did ask him if he was the "One". But HE is in prison it seems. And there are others giving delight for us female hill walkers - extra visual delight. It was a warm October afternoon. I thought he was dressed in an orange tracksuit from a distance at first.

He didn't upset me by being naked but I suppose others could be.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law