Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 2013 Hundred - Entries

Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Thu 28th Feb 2013, 13:39
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Thank you Mr postman, It all gets a little 'real' now. It's my first!

Map arrived in this mornings post, thank you Devon & Cornwall LDWA group
Author: Mark Garratt
Posted: Mon 24th Dec 2012, 22:42
Local Group: Heart of England
I sent Annette an email to confirm my receipt of cheque entry once received which she kindly did . I suggest the same
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Sat 22nd Dec 2012, 10:19
Local Group: Sherwood
Will there be confirmation in due course that cheques have been received? I put mine in the post at the beginning of the month but it hasn't been banked yet so I have no way of knowing that it actually got there and that my entry is secured.
Author: Ben Cooley
Posted: Fri 21st Dec 2012, 16:25
Local Group: Mid Wales
Maybe you could ask a friend/relative who does have a cheque book/Visa card to pay, then you give them cash?
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Fri 21st Dec 2012, 15:22
Local Group: East Lancashire
You won't be able to pay using SagePay if you don't have a Visa card (mine's another species of debit card). Just discovered this, and since I no longer have a cheque book, am awaiting suggestions for alternatives ...

Iain
Author: Alan Stewart
Posted: Fri 7th Dec 2012, 11:23
Local Group: Kent
My pay now link didn't work either when trying it from the email, however saving the PDF to my documents and opening it from there in Acrobat Reader worked fine.
Author: Mark Garratt
Posted: Wed 5th Dec 2012, 14:04
Local Group: Heart of England
Mine didn't work either I've popped a cheque in the post
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 3rd Dec 2012, 23:12
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Mine worked fine.
Author: Emma Key
Posted: Mon 3rd Dec 2012, 14:35
Local Group: Staffordshire
I can't seem to get it to work either - just comes up with "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
Author: Jim Tinnion
Posted: Mon 3rd Dec 2012, 12:31
Local Group: Marches
I'm very pleased to have received notification from Annette that my entry has been accepted, but is anyone else having trouble using the "Pay Now" link on the pdf invoice? I don't think I've got a cheque book any more - I only really used the last one for event entries.

Jim

PS: Using Adobe Reader X
Author: Melissa Butcher
Posted: Sat 17th Nov 2012, 14:01
Local Group: London
Ah Rule 4 ... how could i have forgotten. And for anyone else who missed that bit when they skimmed the rules, the answer is 'yes', LDWA members get first preference if there's more than 550 entries.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Fri 16th Nov 2012, 18:45
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Try reading Rule 4.........
Author: Melissa Butcher
Posted: Fri 16th Nov 2012, 17:37
Local Group: London
Hi all, I was just wondering, as this is my first attempt at getting into the 100, if places go to ballot do LDWA members get priority?
Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Sun 4th Nov 2012, 17:37
Karma Returned !!

Entry acknowledged !!
Posted: Tue 30th Oct 2012, 20:18
Thanks for that, Richard.
Will wait couple days if she's been away, see what develops, if no joy will try E-mail again.
Regards, Roy.
Author: Richard Plumley
Posted: Tue 30th Oct 2012, 15:32
Local Group: Bristol & West
Roy just noticed camel teign entry numbers updated monday 29th so you should get a confirmation soon if entry received
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2012, 21:17
Roy,did you send the e mail to camel_teign@btinternet.com I sent my entry off in the post and got a reply on e mail from Annette fairly quickly. I would try sending another e mail asking if your entry has arrived in the post .Annette may be away as I did a cornwall and devon walk last week and she was not present which is unusual also the entries page has not been updated since 24 oct with numbers
of entries
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2012, 17:59
No sense out of E-Mail system !! No delivery,Camel t not connected to BT ??. Comes back on my .screen

So posted entry last week, with my E-Mail address, still no reply if received or not !!

What now ??
Author: Nick Vanson
Posted: Fri 19th Oct 2012, 21:30
Local Group: Thames Valley
Many Thanks, Annette, all much appreciated.
Posted: Fri 19th Oct 2012, 20:41
In response to Nick's request, I would like to clarify things.
Unfortunately I didn't get the automatic response for entries set up until midday on Monday - Hands up - my own fault.
This meant that anyone who submitted their entry on Monday before midday wouldn't have got the response. Anyone who entered after that would have received an automated reply when their email reached my inbox.
Most people have succesfully submitted their forms to me - I have received and loaded into my database almost 300 to date, but there have been a few who have had problems with the submit button/bar. If you have a problem using the submit button, then save your completed form to your PC and attach it to an email to me. This achieves the same thing as the submit button.
My system recognises duplicate forms so they won't cause me too much inconvenience.
I will endeavour to reply to anyone's queries if they email me. I appreciate that people are anxious to ensure their entry is received.
Annette Merchant
Entries Secretary
Camel Teign Ivor's Dream 100
Author: Nick Vanson
Posted: Fri 19th Oct 2012, 18:21
Local Group: Thames Valley
With so much uncertainty about entries getting through successfully, I wondered if it would be possible please for someone from the organising committee to advise how those of us who are about to submit an entry should proceed. I can foresee the entries secretary getting swamped with duplicate entries one way or another. I think this would be helpful to all.
Author: Teresa Brooker
Posted: Fri 19th Oct 2012, 15:33
Local Group: Wessex
I submitted the form on Tues and got an instant automated response saying e-mail received But it went into my bounce notifications, so I e-mailed Annette, her reply again going into my bounce notifications, was that she did not receive my entry form. So to be on the safe side have posted it.
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Fri 19th Oct 2012, 12:51
Local Group: South Wales
Ditto for me. I did not get an automated response on Monday but today I did.
Author: Ian Graves
Posted: Fri 19th Oct 2012, 12:20
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Just to confirm, I did get a reply from my email to Annette, who confirmed that she did not get my original entry, the reason for me not getting an automated reply. I did try again but with no success.....I have now filled the entry form in and sent it as an email attachment. With this I did recieve an auto reply confirming that the entry was received straight away.
I would suggest that if anyone has not got an automated reply, assume it has not gone through, then send the form as an attachment to an email or print it off and post it.
Posted: Thu 18th Oct 2012, 23:23
I think the ballot is a better method - if it were first come, first served, you could potentially end up with 600 people with hands hovering over their mice at 12.01am on the day entries opened, and those who were successful would be the fastest typists; if anyone was less confident with computers and preferred to enter by post, tough luck - they'd already have missed the boat.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Thu 18th Oct 2012, 23:10
Local Group: Merseystride
I am still uncertain why there has to be a ballot. Surely first-come, first-served, supplemented with a waiting list is a fairer method. I entered at 2am on the day entries opened, but the ballot method means I may not get a place.
Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Thu 18th Oct 2012, 19:53
Local Group: South Wales
My attempt at on-line entry got lost somewhere/somehow too, so to make sure I've downloaded a form & sent it by post.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Thu 18th Oct 2012, 14:43
Local Group: Marches
Thanks for the warning. I've just re sent mine and now got the automated response which I didn't get on Monday. There again I might find I've now entered twice and I'll have to do two laps.....
Author: Katie Hunt
Posted: Wed 17th Oct 2012, 14:09
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Hi Ian

I have had the same problem. I was not sure if my entry had been received. I emailed Annette today and got an automated response which I did not get on Monday when I emailed my application. So I can only assume that my original application did not get through. I have just sent it again as a saved attachment and hope it gets there this time. I would hate to get to the end of November under the false assumption that I had applied, only to find out that I had missed out on a place. Computers are great things but ..........
Posted: Wed 17th Oct 2012, 10:53
Hi Ian, I did the same yesterday and was unsure if my application had been recieved or not ,I then e mailed Annette she is the entries secretary,I got an automated e mail straight away saying your e mail recieved and later an e mail from Annette saying depending on what e mail system you use you may have to save the entry form when completed to your computer and then send an e mail to camel_teign@btinternet.com with an attachment [the entry form] so presumably your application did not get through like mine. I then took the safer route and posted the entry form as I was not sure how to send an attachment to an e mail . hope this is helpful Richard
Author: Ian Graves
Posted: Wed 17th Oct 2012, 10:12
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I applied for the 2013 Hundred yesterday using the on-line facility. However, I did not get any confirmation that the form had been sent/received, which concerns me a little (did they get it?). Is this the same for everyone, or has my application not gone through ?
(I have sent a an email to the organisers to confirm).

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law