Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Founders Challenge

Author: Philip Davies
Posted: Wed 17th Oct 2012, 21:33
Local Group: Surrey
My first Founders Challenge and boy was it a toughie! I ran the Greensand Way Marathon last year but the FC was so much harder especially having to navigate as well. Amongst the runners, there was a real sense of camaraderie. The weather was an added bonus and the view across the valley to St Martha's Church is one that I will remember for a very long time. Thank you all so much for the time you have given up to allow us to enjoy the Surrey countryside.
Author: Paul Burgess
Posted: Tue 16th Oct 2012, 19:49
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
I'd like to add my thanks to all who helped run this event and arranging the glorious weather! It was a first for me and I must say I did enjoy the open NDW area with lovely views across the valley and the pillboxes still in good condition from WW2. The food at the end was very enjoyable and I did love the soup! I can't believe Tara had her her washing out again at CP3!!
Thanks again.
Author: Carol Coyne
Posted: Mon 15th Oct 2012, 10:15
Local Group: Surrey
Quite Agreed Steve. Well oiled organisation machine in operation as always. Though personally I'm hoping this year's route was a one off. I find Newlands Corner unattractive (dodging day trippers and their dogs). And the extra miles spent route marching on the NDW was tedious. So much nicer to use less used paths as we have done in previous years. But maybe others disagree......
Author: Steve Platt
Posted: Mon 15th Oct 2012, 7:32
Local Group: London
I had to leave straight after finishing yesterday (and it still took me almost three hours to drive less than 40 miles to north London!) and I didn't get a chance to say any personal thank-yous. So this is give a big thanks to everyone involved in the anniversary-year Founders Challenge.

I'd not done this before, although I've covered most of the route in various walking and running events over the years - most recently in the dark and rain during this year's 100. It was a real pleasure to see it in glorious autumn sunshine - and to remember those who set up the LDWA in the first place. Thanks again.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law