Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Notice Board - snowden - advice and ideas please

Author: Jason Winney
Posted: Thu 19th Feb 2015, 13:59
Local Group: South Wales
You can catch a bus from Llanberis to Pen-y-Pass, from there you could ascend via the Miners Track, eventually the Pyg and Miners Tracks both join, you ascend on good tracks to the summit then descend via the Llanberris Path taking you back to Llanberris. There is very little difficult ground to negotiate on route to the summit via this route. Have a great time.

You can find more information on this Link:

http://www.visitsnowdonia.info/sherpa_-_bus_timetable_and_snowdon_walking_paths-98.aspx

Regards

Jason
Posted: Thu 4th Oct 2012, 13:40
My friend and I are planning a walking mini break in Snowdonia in the october half term. We are keen walkers but don't particularly enjoy severe gradients and/or scrambling. It is several years since I walked on Snowden and my friend has never been to Wales (!!) Any advice would be welcome but particularly ideas around gentler (although not reduced to taking the train!!) and most pleasant routes (avoiding scrambling please!)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law