Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - cotswold 40

Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Mon 24th Sep 2012, 10:14
Local Group: South Wales
I am guessing the three earlier posts on this event also did the anniversary 40 miles route. What a great day I had.

It was amazing that most of the climbs were under trees which protected us from the heat of the sun. The ground was generally dry but not hard. Most paths easy to follow. Very little road. I cannot ask for more.

Thank you to all concerned for whatever you did and however long it took. I can assure you all your hard work was worth it.

Best bit - cup of tea at the end.
Worst bit - being knocked over by a mountain biker.
Hardest bit - climb to the finish.
Easiest bit – the Cotswold Way as there were no stiles to climb over.
Most picturesque bit - (it that how you spell it?) - early morning mist which is now my desktop photo.
Best checkpoint - Harescombe Beacon - You could see the Brecon Beacons at 50 miles away. Not very often you get a view like!
Author: Peter Ibison
Posted: Sun 23rd Sep 2012, 19:16
Local Group: Staffordshire
Thoroughly enjoyed this event. Blessed with the weather, from mist at the start eventually breaking into glorious sunshine made the area very picturesque. Lovely food to help us on our way. Thanks to organisers and marshalls for making the event so good.
Author: Liz Edwards
Posted: Sun 23rd Sep 2012, 9:42
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
I did the 40 mile anniversary version of this event yesterday and it was one of my favourite LDWA walks ever! The route was challenging, but in a good way, the scenery fantastic, and the weather (as it always seems to be on this event) was perfect. Thank you to the organisers, the marshalls and the friendly and cheery greeting from all those helping at the checkpoints and back in Birdlip Village Hall at the end. Also wonderful food as usual! Please can we have the 40 mile option again next year?!
Author: Colin Baker
Posted: Sun 23rd Sep 2012, 8:22
Local Group: Bristol & West
thanks bristol and west for such a brilliant event, excellent route, excellent description, loads of food, freindly checkpoints and you even had the weather sorted! one of the best events I've done. many thanks
Colin

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law