Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - ANQUET OR MEMORY-MAP

Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Fri 8th Jan 2010, 9:45
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I have spoken with Anquet who have re-instated our discount.
Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Thu 7th Jan 2010, 12:49
Local Group: Kent
Anquet LDWA15 coupon has expired. It was valid from 26/06/08 to 26/12/09
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Thu 26th Oct 2006, 13:07
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Simon, no I haven't I'll check with them. As a matter of interest can anyone suggest any other elcectronic mapping companies I can ask?
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Thu 26th Oct 2006, 11:52
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi Norman, Have you asked Tracklogs to see if they'll give us a similar discount to Anquet / Memory-Map?
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 29th Aug 2006, 9:13
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Hi regarding Anquet Memory Map I've managed to arrange a discount for LDWA members. On the web-site on the check out page there is a space where you are invited to put in a coupon code. If you put in the code LDWA15 they will get 15% discount. Further details to appear in the December Strider.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Mon 28th Aug 2006, 9:25
Local Group: Surrey
Ebay is all right if you are careful. I picked up 1:50,000 all of GB for about £75, new and unused. It even came in a sealed cellophane wrapper. It is probably not the latest version, but has the 3D virtual landscape, and is perfectly adequate for my needs. I registered it with Anquet with no problem and that is the acid test.
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Tue 1st Aug 2006, 12:02
Local Group: London
Simon, a Strider update for December would be grand if you can find the time. Thanks for that GPS book review, by the way - just what was wanted. Julie.
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Tue 1st Aug 2006, 11:13
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Ok, I should get my finger out and write an up to date article maybe for the December issue????

The latest change in the world of digital mapping is that Anquet has brought 1:25K maps out at £25, they cover the same area the paper maps equivalents. This is obvisouly to compete with Tracklogs, which also retail at £25.

Although I love and still use memory-map... you're looking at £100 for a national park e.g. the NYM or Dales, as apposed to £50 for Anquet / Tracklogs as you need two maps. So on price alone I think you ought to consider Tracklogs or Anquet.

Hope this helps and more questions mail me on simon_leck@hotmail.com
Posted: Wed 28th Jun 2006, 13:46
I run the current version of Anquet v06 mapping system......quick to load from new and responds well from desktop link on the PC....perfect repro of O S maps I am happy with ....that's the good bit....I also bought 1:25000 with extra pennies but have found Scottish versions are somewhat outdated..circa 1998 or newer
Unsure if Memory Maps are as good as Anquet or vice versa...my own opinion from seeing MM route guides in Country Walking magazine ...not keen on the colour scheme used....tends to overwelm the footpath 'dots' and 'dashes'
Purchases from E-Bay..be careful because each disc bought has a License Code that will only allow that disc to be loaded onto a PC....I suspect that if the code is still LIVE from the previous owner you may not have access to the disc....or at least more than a 2nd copy
Posted: Tue 23rd May 2006, 22:14
Having tried both I have gone for Anquet as they give a discount to members of The Ramblers Association, This might be something that the LDWA could look into. Reading Country Walking they Advertise both but you can dowmload Country walks for Anquet.Trail magazine advertise both but LOOK to be more in favour of Memory map. Anquet map is easy to use on its own or with a GPS system, At the end of the day its look and see what suites you best. E Bay is also a good place to look have seen Anquet stock on there direct from the supplier at a low low price. One thing I have got from Memory map is water proof paper for printing maps which is great if all you need is the size of an A4 map.
Author: Chris Chorley
Posted: Mon 10th Apr 2006, 22:08
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
...or try www.tracklogs.co.uk They supply Explorer mapping on CD which are aligned to the normal OS numbering and join seamlessly, as well as the site centred and Landranger products.
Posted: Mon 10th Apr 2006, 17:09
The most recent Strider article was in April 2004, in which Simon wrote that Memory Map had revamped their Navigator software to provide elevation datum. Anquet and another product, Fugawi, had had them for some time. But two years is a long time in technology, and I would think all three products have been updated considerably since then. Sorry not to have been of more help.
Posted: Thu 6th Apr 2006, 14:48
Thanks Julie, any info would be helpful.
Posted: Wed 5th Apr 2006, 19:56
Simon Leck did features on both for Strider a while back - I'll dig them out, unless someone else comes up with info in the meantime. The only problem, of course, is that the stuff he tested will now be well out of date.
Posted: Wed 5th Apr 2006, 17:09
I have the trial discs from both and like various features from both but was wondering if anyone has 'user' experience of one or both to offer me an opinion to help me make an informed decision! Thanks.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law