Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Paddock near Much Wenlock

Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 11th Nov 2012, 22:13
Local Group: Marches
Thanks Janet - looking forward to assisting the Marches group. Hopefully all set for the Wem - even if things are still in boxes!
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Sun 11th Nov 2012, 8:20
Welcome to Shropshire and to the Marches group - will we see you at Wem Winter Wonderland or will you still be unpacking?
Posted: Thu 8th Nov 2012, 13:36
Thanks Eileen. Good time to move I think as I've just heard there are plans for a 10,000 house development on the greenbelt in sutton coldfield. Definately doing the right thing I think!
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Tue 6th Nov 2012, 13:09
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hope the boys and you will be happy! Good luck with the move.

There have been many lovely places I've visited on events such as the 100 or other local events. I haven't been tempted to move yet! Maybe Scotland though.....
Posted: Fri 2nd Nov 2012, 8:41
Got my paddock sorted! Very helpful local farmer. Hopefully will be moving in Dec.
Posted: Tue 4th Sep 2012, 21:25
This is a long shot and nothing to do with walking but after being so impressed with the beauty of Shropshire after doing so many events there and being totally won over after doing the WOW, we're looking to relocate. But......I am really struggling to find a paddock for my lads (the horses). At the moment I rent a field off a local farmer and despite writing to all the farms local to Much Wenlock including Wenlock Estates I have drawn a blank. Not keen on livery yards as they tend to be prohibitively expensive and one of my lads wouldn't cope with this environment. So its just a bog standard field to rent I'm after - you would think that if I could rent a field in the West Midlands then Shropshire would be a doddle but its proving tricky. I know some of you may live in the vicinity of Much Wenlock and may have some contacts so any help or ideas I'd be very grateful.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law