Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 2012 100 qualifying events

Author: David Morgan
Posted: Tue 18th Sep 2012, 12:41
Local Group: South Wales
Tedious peaty lands?!!!! I can assure you that 2014 will be a mixed route!!!!!

David
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Mon 10th Sep 2012, 20:49
Local Group: East Yorkshire
2015 will be held in sunny Lancashire. A warm welcome awaits you all.
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Mon 10th Sep 2012, 20:37
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Congrations indeed! With at least two years of tedious peat-y uplands to come it will be great to be back on firmer ground, hopefully with some of the Jurassic Coast thrown in as well. Actually, what might be really nice would be a route that passes through Cerne Abbas in daylight for the majority of the entrants, which has always struck me as the one (minor) shortcoming of the Giant. Anyway, plenty of time to plan something good!

Anyone know where the 2015 hundred is based? Presumably it's been allocated if we're already planning for 2016 .....
Posted: Mon 10th Sep 2012, 19:36
Congratulations Mike. The hard work starts now. I intend to be there.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Mon 10th Sep 2012, 11:59
Local Group: Dorset
And, I should have mentioned, in 2016 you will all get the chance to enter the first (ever) Dorset 100

Which will take in some beautiful, interesting parts of rural Dorset that are less known and visited by walkers.
Author: Ben Loudon
Posted: Sun 9th Sep 2012, 22:25
All the Dorset Challenge events are great. I am planning to do the Giant even if I decide not to have a go at the 100.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Fri 7th Sep 2012, 14:28
Well, actually. It is like this...

The Dorset Giant 100K is a really nice event, with an excellent and quite demanding route, and it is well worth doing in its own right as a serious LDWA challenge walk. i.e Not just as a "qualifier" for the 100.

In any case, after finishing the DG100K, even if it was subsequently too late for you to enter for the 2012, it could be used a qualifier for the 2014 Valleys 100
Posted: Wed 5th Sep 2012, 12:21
Rowbotham's Round Rotherham is probably soon enough (20th October) to get your 100 entry in before the deadline, if you happen to be free for that.
Posted: Tue 4th Sep 2012, 11:38
Thanks for that. Looks like I may have missed out on 2013 then. 2014 Welsh Valleys here I come. Dorset Giant and Three Rings of Shap are looking like my best options for qualifying.

Ben
Posted: Mon 3rd Sep 2012, 22:38
I entered this year's 100 as a 'conditional' entry - didn't do my qualifier until February - but I understand that was an exception, since this year's event was undersubscribed so they held entries open later than usual, and some people entered with the Woldsman or Wye Forest 50 as their qualifier, both only five weeks before the 100. Most years it's oversubscribed, so conditional entries aren't accepted.
Posted: Mon 3rd Sep 2012, 19:47
Hi Ben, If it is a 50 miler I am certain it would be acceptable. However, as I understand it (and I stand to be corrected), it is not possible to enter until you have a qualifier and the Dorset event isnt until April 2013. It is quite possible the event will fill by December 2012 by people who already have a qualifier, and it isnt possible to block a place on the possibility you will get a qualifier. If spaces remain I am sure organisers would be happy to allow you to enter in April next year.
Posted: Sun 2nd Sep 2012, 23:03
Sorry should say 2013
Posted: Sun 2nd Sep 2012, 23:02
I am not sure how this works but I see there is a list of qualifying events for the 2013 100 on the website. Will this be added to? I have an entry for the Dorset Giant hoping I could do that to qualify.

Thanks Ben

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law