Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Kiplins Kaper 1st apr

Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Mon 10th Apr 2006, 11:14
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
When I mentioned Kiplings Kaper to a colleague, he said it reminded him of the exchange "Do you like Kipling?". "I don't know, I've never Kipled." Oh dear.
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Wed 5th Apr 2006, 17:51
Local Group: High Peak
oops i stand corrected for the title, we like to drop our Gs in yorkshur, had enough trouble with Shutlingsloe, especially when i found out the correct spellng is Shutlingslowe, but it changed due to an admin error in the 80s, good luck with the piddle sorry i can't make it
Author: Mike Buckley
Posted: Mon 3rd Apr 2006, 23:35
Local Group: Heart of England
SPAG time, Kipling not Kiplin Kaper not Kapper (as on events list) and it was Ruddy'ard. Well done Keith and the crew. Now if you enjoyed Staffs mud so much then come and do the 5L+P in Worcestershire on 22 April... Map/ compass/ torch/ scraper/ ... any surplus goes to MNDA. Mike
Posted: Mon 3rd Apr 2006, 12:06
Agree with the above. My first venture out in this area. Shutlingsloe was a good climb and I could see the hail coming in when I got to the top. I missed the lightning though. I was trying to keep my feet dry in the first 10miles, but this was absolutely pointless as the rest of the route was underwater. Thought all checkpoints had ample food and drink, and the oatcakes at CP2 were a new and tasty experience. The Roaches were impressive and I enjoyed running on that rock that is grippy even when wet. Directions were spot on, didn't get lost and my map stayed in my pack. Decent and appreciated meal at finish.
Thanks for an enjoyable day :)
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Mon 3rd Apr 2006, 11:33
Local Group: High Peak
really enjoyable even dodging the lightning and the pea sized hail stones,on the Roaches, and the slog up Shutlingsloe was worth the views, however should have packed me snorkle for the fields. having said that the weather on the whole was great and another good staffordshire challenge in the bag

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law