Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Notice Board - Large teapot needs loving home

Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Wed 19th Sep 2012, 21:28
Local Group: Sherwood
Yes,, a bit of duplicated communication - but I'm very glad the teapot has got a new home lined up and it will be starting its journey southwards at the beginning of October.
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Fri 7th Sep 2012, 14:18
Local Group: Dorset
Ah, the left hand and the right hand...
Posted: Fri 7th Sep 2012, 14:17
Armorel: Thanks! If you email Dorset secretary he will pass a message on to me!

dorset.ldwa@btinternet.com

Already have some ideas how we can pass the teapot on.

Deirdre
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Fri 7th Sep 2012, 14:15
Hi Armorel,

Thats great. We have been looking for a traditional tea pot for some time. You can contact Deirdre by emailing me at dorset.ldwa@btinternet.com (I am in Strider under Dorset LDWA) and I will forward your personal contact details to her.

We will definitely give it a loving home, and it will have its first outing with Dorset LDWA Group at a checkpoint on the Dorset Giant 100K next year.

The walkers drink plenty of tea on this event.

regards

mike childs
Posted: Thu 6th Sep 2012, 17:28
Yes, it's still looking for a home, Deidre, and I would be happy for it to come your way. I just need to work out how to contact you privately so that we can make some arrangements.
Posted: Wed 29th Aug 2012, 19:22
Amorel: if the tea pot is still on offer, we could make use of it in Dorset. Some village halls only have small ones, and a bigger size is useful when there's a rush on.
Posted: Fri 20th Jul 2012, 13:00
I have a "family heirloom" in the form of a catering-size brown enamel teapot (it holds one gallon) that needs to find a new home. Original (probably 1950s) vintage but in good shape. Is there is a group or individual out there that could use it when serving refreshments at checkpoints on events? (I also have a largish aluminium kettle with a fairly heavy base, suitable for use on camping stoves or a normal hob, that might or might not accompany the teapot - but the kettle only holds about half a gallon).

In the interests of de-cluttering at this end I'd be happy to pay the postage if someone could put either or both of these to good use.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law