Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - BHF London to Brighton Midnight Cycle Ride 27th May - Carl Edwards

Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Wed 30th May 2012, 21:52
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I've just put the Reservoir Roundabout 2 event on 5th Jan 13 on the website - tribute to Carl who organised it this year
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Tue 29th May 2012, 10:11
Local Group: Marches
Many thanks to all Marches Group and Mid Wales members who sponsored me on this event in memory of Carl Edwards.
I entered the event - my first ever cycling event - as a bit of fun, intending to make a donation to the British Heart Foundation, but when Carl died on the 13th April I decided to use the ride to raise money for the BHF in Carl's memory.
It was a surreal experience leaving Clapham Common at 1am to cycle through Mitcham and Tooting with really experienced cyclists flashing past in their lycra, the odd rogue mini cab driver ignoring the road closed signs and groups of Londoners sitting on the pavement in Mediterranean type heat to cheer us on. Pleased to say I cycled it all - pedaling with very heavy breathing on the last climb over the Devils Dyke before freewheeling down to Brighton.
If anyone else would like to make a donation in Carl's memory they can do so at https://www.justgiving.com/Janet-Pitt-Lewis

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law