Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - A Sterne Encounter

Author: Sandy Gee
Posted: Mon 2nd Jul 2012, 19:11
Local Group: Calderdale
Thanks v. much for organising this one. Enjoyed the company and the varied route along with a couple of unintentional extra miles; and the food alone was worth the visit with tastiest tomatoes I've had for ages. Was a relief to get back just before the rain tipped down.
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Mon 25th Jun 2012, 15:33
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Please Note: we've just fixed a problem on the LDWA website where docx files were being downloaded as zip files. You all should now be able to download the Stern Encounter route description. Note also that docx files only work with Office 2007 and 2010. There is a work around however, as a patch can be downloaded from Microsoft that allows docx files to be used with older versions of Word.
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Sun 24th Jun 2012, 14:50
Local Group: East Yorkshire
hi paul could you send me it too please,i can't down load it either. ive emailed you, thanks.
Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Sun 24th Jun 2012, 12:31
Giselle,
Contact me, paul@tremere.karoo.co.uk
I will email an alternative version, which you may be able to open (with luck)
Author: Giselle Dudley
Posted: Sun 24th Jun 2012, 10:08
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Hi John I have Office 2010 and have tried to download the route description it doesnt work? Any suggestions?
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Fri 22nd Jun 2012, 21:10
Due to overwhelming popular demand I have posted the route description for "A Sterne Encounter" - a new Event on 30th June - on East Yorks local website under Challenge in the menu tool bar
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Mon 28th May 2012, 19:11
Ignore that previous post - I'm kn******d from editing Strider walks entries and pressed the wrong button! Anyway Sterne Encounter is a new East Yorks Challenge from Ampleforth Village on June 30, a great rural adventure on the beautiful Howardian Hills. See Strider for more details. Ed Stourton, Antony Gormley and Laurence Dallaglio are some old boys of the (in)famous Ampleforth RC public school, where a Gormley bronze looks down over the hillside. So, walk and get some culture at the same time!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law