Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Weekend weather

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sat 5th May 2012, 18:17
Local Group: Lakeland
And I'm feeling sorry for myself because I should have been walking the Hundred now, but had to cry off due to a chest infection. Maybe not so sorry considering the weather forecast down South, and Paul Lawrence tells me that several parts of the route were under water earlier in the week. Went for a short walk with Chris from Troutbeck this morning. Weather perfect, the Lake District looking fabulous with it's new spring colours and The Mortal Man as welcoming as ever. Can't be bad.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 1st May 2012, 22:44
Local Group: East Lancashire
Can't trust doctors can you Tony? Hope you soon feel better.

Weather in Arnside/Silverdale on Sunday started out poor, then it got worse...............much worse. Too bad even for my Paramo.
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Tue 1st May 2012, 20:03
Local Group: Cumbria
Well it hasn't been so bad in Cumbria - at least compared with the rest of England/Wales. Sunbathing weather two out of the last three days!
But if you want real weather just now try the Western Highlands. Most of my walking chums are enjoying superb conditions in Torridon this week.
Not that I'm being smug...just envious. I should be there but am recovering from a serious assault on my knees by my orthopaedic surgeon - with a very rusty knife I think!!
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Tue 1st May 2012, 6:16
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Tony, the weather in West Nepal is very hot we could do with some of the rain here to keep the dust down. But the food and beer by the river in the cooler evening was just right. John
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Mon 30th Apr 2012, 20:59
Local Group: Lakeland
Sounds as if you had some 'interesting' weather this weekend. I was in Bavaria for our daughter's wedding and we had rather different conditions. Fabulously warm and sunny. Had the reception in a mountain hut where we were still able to sit outside in shirt sleeves at midnight. Weren't we lucky!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law