Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Kirklees Way

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 24th Apr 2012, 14:45
Local Group: Lakeland
My wife and I walked the Kirklees Way in 2003 when we lived in South Yorkshire. A walk that shows you don't have to go far to leave industry, motorways and towns behind (although there is lots of all three on the walk). Plenty of public transport to enable the walk to be completed in sections. We still have the excellent guidebook which I would be happy to pass on if anyone is thinking of doing the walk. Email me on tonywilley@btinternet.com if you want it.
Posted: Sun 22nd Apr 2012, 18:32
My first post so hello everyone.......... i have recently completed the Kirklees Way, it took me 5 consecutive days to do, its approx 73 miles long and takes in some of the best scenary West Yorkshire can offer, i averaged 15 miles per day and got help from friends and family to get me to and from each point on a daily basis. I would recommend the stretch between Hepworth and Marsden particularly if you like Compo,Cleggy,Foggy and Co.........

See you on the trail soon.
Gerard Maguire

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law