Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - What a cracking 40th AGM!

Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Thu 8th Mar 2012, 18:37
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Yes thanks to all at W & NL and Nicky and Caroline, enjoyed your company! Lovely gear Caroline, nice to see you in demob clothes.

Great 17 ml walk Saturday,Claire, turned out to be 20.8ml but hey, it cut the time waiting until dinner!

Weird creme brulee on Saturday, perhaps a special Grange - over - Sands take on this French classic. Apart from that a smashing hotel with just what was needed.

Would have stayed for the barn dance but had to see West Brom beat Chelsea on M-O-T-D.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Mon 5th Mar 2012, 17:11
Local Group: East Lancashire
I agree it was a good weekend, nice to see a few more members there. If any member thinks it is too far to travel we had one new member who flew from El Paso Texas just for the AGM weekend. Top marks. Super venue, good walk, good company. Well done Reg & Saro, and all the Westmorland and North Lancs members.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 4th Mar 2012, 22:28
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Superb location,great company and hard enjoyable walks!

it's the limestone,slippery mud and both combined- but a combination for a good work out!

Good evening speaker/poetry by Mr Somerville on the Friday evening. I did buy a weekend bag for just £2 from Tim. I'm sure it won't get lost on the 100 breakfast stop with the labels attached but it's just that I won't spot it amongst the 100s of other green 100 miler breakfast bags!

And 2 suggestions for the next AGM 2013. Perhaps a good Story Teller for the Friday evening? Storytellers are wonderful to listen to. It doesn't need to be about walking really as long as everyone is entertained including the non walking partners.
And the other suggestion is for the Saturday evening. Perhaps use a good local group of musicians/band that are good to listen and dance to? To suit most tastes of course! No matter where it will be held there are always good musicians around glad for the work and money and practice.

And from what I gather at this AGM we have the money for a few extra pounds and it doesn't cost the earth to hire them!

And even if the dinner is running late we can still be entertained by good live music.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law