Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - Privacy

Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Thu 1st Mar 2012, 19:16
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi Eileen,

This is an Interesting point you have raised and it's something we ought to consider at the next ISC.

Simon.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Wed 29th Feb 2012, 23:22
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Hi Eileen I'm not a web site developer so can't comment about that side of it. I check the forum most days without logging in (I must get out more!) and can view the messages that other members post. I think having everything open like this gives members of the public an idea of what we're like. Otherwise the forum would be blank to the general public if it had to remain private. If I want to reply to a posting I have to log in. So there is some control over what goes in. That's my mere humble opinion.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Wed 29th Feb 2012, 20:33
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi all web site developers

When I search my name in Google the page to LDWA Forum with whatever page I put a post on opens..

I put post on the Bothy hoping it's private and everything I post appears on the web!
Could you please put the The Bothy as members only? Thanks
Eileen

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law