Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - WINTER POPPYLINE

Posted: Thu 1st Mar 2012, 21:50
Thanks to Chelle and everyone else involved for an excellent event. Perhaps it was lucky I didn't know about the ghouls at the time!
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sun 26th Feb 2012, 19:54
Local Group: Surrey
Well, Mike, maybe in Norfolk the ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night have got into the habit of relying on the infamous East Anglian mud to slow their victims down. We saw neither shadow nor wraith of them, and the walking conditions were so good that we were able to speed away in the opposite direction.

It was a wonderful day out, sunny, not much wind, and almost no mud. Norfolk and Suffolk looked after us well with friendly checkpoints, lots of food and quick service. Hot tea at every checkpoint from CP2 onwards and even a fire in a 44 gallon drum to warm us at CP4, 38 miles. Thank you N&S.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Sat 25th Feb 2012, 11:55
Local Group: Dorset
Elton, I don't want to worry you - but isn't it just after nightfall that the spookies emerge, to carry off lone walkers to their underground crypt?.
Posted: Thu 23rd Feb 2012, 17:56
Weather is looking good. Dry tonight, dry Friday, dry Saturday and 11 deg (dropping to -4 at night). Maybe some of that East Anglian mud will dry out. Really looking forward to it and hoping to pass the spooky mausoleum not too long after nightfall.
Author: Michelle Armour
Posted: Mon 6th Feb 2012, 19:53
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Route now available on Norfolk n Suffolk website
http://www.ldwa.org.uk/NorfolkAnd Suffolk/N/1390/winter-poppyline-50.html
Posted: Mon 6th Feb 2012, 15:40
Is anyone staying in the Sheringham youth hostel on the Friday night who could offer me a lift to the start of the walk in Cromer? I'm going up from the south without a car and will be staying somewhere on the Friday night.
Posted: Sun 29th Jan 2012, 19:27
The route is slightly different from last year (less on the railway) just done marshals and route available when confirmed............
Posted: Sat 28th Jan 2012, 17:25
Is the route description on the website for 2012?
Is it the same as 2011?
Posted: Mon 23rd Jan 2012, 14:51
Please note this event is now FULL

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law