Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - SEF

Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Thu 12th Apr 2012, 20:31
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
May see you there next year Eileen, too near the 100 for me this year.
Like a break before the big one, also a friend said it's an excellent walk but tough, it took him 8hrs, so one for next year.
Now in my diary also.
Roy.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 9th Mar 2012, 22:19
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Thank you Noel. I have put it in my diary. First one for next year actually! Now if I got a hug at every check point on the 100- I'd be all hugged up! Lovely thought.
Author: Noel Peat
Posted: Tue 6th Mar 2012, 18:50
Local Group: High Peak
Excellent, you will be the first on our pre-register list for 2013. We also can do hugs!!
Posted: Wed 29th Feb 2012, 22:39
I will put in for next year Noel. May I please ask in advance for next year if I could ask for a hug please? It works wonders!
Posted: Wed 29th Feb 2012, 21:17
That is a shame. However, you might have time to arrange your weekends between now and next year when the 3rd Leaden Boot Challenge will be held on 19th May 2013.

Noel
Posted: Wed 29th Feb 2012, 15:06
Thanks for the invite Noel but damn- I'm working that weekend!
Posted: Tue 28th Feb 2012, 21:31
So Eileen, you could sign up to the LBC electronically, no paperwork involved. You will be warmly welcomed when you arrive, and then experience goodies from competing checkpoints (we encourage that) on route. At the end you will be treated to a delicious hot meal and cakes, all produced within our parish, including local meat, or veggie. But be quick, the event will be full in the next few weeks.

Noel
Posted: Tue 28th Feb 2012, 18:57
Yes most people trust the paper route rather than the electronic route. Plus they are organised and plan their events months ahead.

I never have envelopes or stamps. And it's free to enter online! Not that I am a skinflint or anything- just skint!
Posted: Tue 28th Feb 2012, 17:58
Interesting, Last year was our first Leaden Boot Challenge, in the main entries arrived either of SEF or our own entry form. However, we decided to have a closing date for postal entries in early May (the event was held on 22nd May) when I only accepted entries on-line (other than entries on the day). This worked well with folks entering on-line with a cheque in the post or in some cases payment on the day. This year (LBC 27th May) I have encouraged the use of on-line entries and have also introduced the option of on-line payment.

Having set up these electronic facilities, I have to say that a large majority of the 200 or so entries so far have followed the more traditional route.
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 16:52
Thanks Mike- just found it. I will download when back in work tomorrow.
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 16:37
Local Group: Northumbria
Eileen, the SEF can be downloaded from the Events page so your Strider can be left intact
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 16:34
Point taken Ian. I see and listen and take note. And agree,since I haven't myself been on an organising party.So respects to you! Still shame, that the last page of Strider with SEF should take out a writer's contrbibution.
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 16:25
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Eileen says,

Roll on the time when all events can be entered online a few days before the event.

Well lets all prey that it will never happen............. Why....... because that will mean quite a few events will not be run any more. Don't the organizers have a enough to do without having to cope with a influx of people wanting to enter in the last few days. The same organizers who get it in the neck if anything goes wrong while your out enjoying yourself's. What will happen if event as only 20 or 30 entered with two weeks to go. Do they cancel? Or do they hope a hundred people will enter online in the last day or two before the event? How many do you cater for. It's all right for walkers saying that they want this or that to make it easier for them. How about making easier for the poor sods who do all the hard work............ The unpayed organizers.

ian sykes.
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 15:49
It has to torn off from the Strider and thus removing the last page which is a shame because that's a writer's contribution. Could you make the SEF a separate page so not to tear out that last page please?

I don't use SEF often- but it saves time having to email for entry forms. Sometimes it might be a few or more days before an event that you can know whether you can do it. Roll on the time when all events can be entered online a few days before the event.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law