Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Cerne Giant 30 - April 1st 2012

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 24th Apr 2012, 19:56
Local Group: Dorset
Andrew, thanks

You are right that the Dorset Giant 100K is back next year, and we can't put on the two events, that close together.

The date of the 2013 Dorset Giant is April 20th and 21st.
Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Sat 21st Apr 2012, 9:29
Local Group: South Wales
I don't normally drive 1.5 hours for a walk of this length. But I decided to go and I didn't regret it.

I had a great day, thank you Dorset Group. Lovely surroundings, little road, friendly checkpoints and superb weather.

The Giants Daughter was good but not this good.

I'm guessing that with a Dorset Giant due next year we won't be seeing the Cerne Giant for two years. Boo Hoo.
Posted: Mon 9th Apr 2012, 20:59
Results are now available on the Dorset LDWA website
Author: Chris Pitt
Posted: Tue 3rd Apr 2012, 14:48
A few photos from the Cerne Giant 30 (Link)
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Tue 3rd Apr 2012, 11:30
Local Group: Marches
What a cracking event - a credit to Dorset group and their helpers. Fantastic sunshine, great route and lovely (just over) half way checkpoint which was extremely well organised. Even the Cerne Giant had a smile on his face.

One thing I love about these events is all of the lovely village pubs you pass, and each time I say to myself 'I must pop in there some time' but never do. This time I kept my promise and visited the Brace of Pheasants at Plush that evening and enjoyed a pint. Well recommended.

Thanks again to you all.
Posted: Fri 16th Mar 2012, 11:22
Entries close today (Friday 16th)

You can enter on line until midnight. Only 30 places left. We have had a good entry. It is a tough but enjoyable route and I am looking forward to seeing everyone on the day. Although there is adequate parking at, or near Cerne Abbas Village Hall, can I urge everyone who is able to car share, to do so.
Author: Chris Pitt
Posted: Sat 10th Mar 2012, 7:45
Dorset is blessed with some fantastic walks and the Cerne Giant 30 doesn't disappoint. Last Sunday I joined the rest of the marshals to walk the route, even though the first half of the route was completed in heavy rain it didn't detract from the wonderful countryside.  

Please note the Cerne Giant 30 is close to reaching its entry limit with only 35 places left  (Entries)

Closing date the 16 March 
Posted: Fri 2nd Dec 2011, 13:45
The entry is now open for our new challenge walk in mid Dorset. You can now enter on line through Sportident (see the Dorset LDWA group website) The venue is Cerne Abbas ( the home of Old Nobby)

The walk is through some of the most attractive and historic countryside in Dorset and includes a stop (CP1) at the wonderful setting of the restored Lyscombe Chapel. On to the remote and beautiful Binghams Melcombe (darkest Dorset) and its extraordinary ancient yew hedge. After 17 miles you arrive at Buckland Newton Village Hall (CP2) for well earned comforts and refreshments. Then over the hill and back via Minterne Magna and Sydling St Nicholas (CP3 - more tea and cakes!) And hot food at the finish.

Be warned, however, it is a hilly and quite tough route. It may be Dorset, but the CG30 is not "walking for softies" . We accept runners - but no entries on the day

A good spring workout in preparation for the Wye Forest 50 and the Hundred

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law