Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Looking for a walking partner

Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 26th Mar 2013, 22:55
Local Group: East Lancashire
Take a look at East Lancs programme.
Posted: Tue 26th Mar 2013, 16:55
Looking to walk The Dales Way some time anytime this year,Can anyone advise me how to find a group or person who may be thinking the same?
Author: Darren Giddins
Posted: Thu 28th Jun 2012, 10:55
Local Group: Sherwood
Hi Julia, the Pennine way is on my list of walks to do. Like you ive recently joined. My local group is the Sherwood group. I wanted to go on the Dark peak plane crashes walk and e-mailed the group contact and two weeks later i got a reply saying that members were quite widely dispersed. Perhaps some groups are more into car sharing?

If you want to discuss further then my e-mail address is d.giddins@ntlworld.com

ps Good luck!
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Fri 2nd Dec 2011, 10:59
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Hi Julia,

May be worth trying some Local Group walks where I am sure you will find like minded people who are also seeking a walking partner for trails. It gives you the opportunity to meet them first and see if you get on with them. You have plenty of active groups nearby - give one or two of them a try. You will be made welcome.
Author: Julia Carr
Posted: Thu 1st Dec 2011, 21:41
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi,

I'm enjoying my longer walks and plan to do the Dalesway early next year (2012) and the Coast to Coast May / June time (and further down the line the Pennine Way).

As I haven't been part of any groups or clubs up until now I don't have anyone to do these with, so thought I would just ask if there is anyone that would like to do these and perhaps we could do together?

If anyone is interested I would be delighted to hear from you and see what we can arrange.

I look forward to hearing from anyone that is interested, my email is changingineverymoment@gmail.com

thanks

Julia

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law