Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - New Admin page

Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Wed 7th Dec 2011, 9:47
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Forum in action. Our web engineer has made adjustments to the Local Groups web admin pages which allows a faster movement of pages from bottom to top (and top to bottom). I hope this addresses those concerns raised by previous posts. John ISC member
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Thu 24th Nov 2011, 10:37
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Noted: The Internet Sub Committee will discuss this at the next ISC meeting in Jan.
Author: John Knight
Posted: Wed 23rd Nov 2011, 1:51
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
Hi Simon:

When entering new items (walk reports, or what have you) on a bespoke page, the new system adds them to the bottom of the list. You generally want the newest times at the top, but it's a right faff moving them up, one step at a time. Could you please amend this, so that new items are automatically positioned at the top?

Cheers, John
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Mon 21st Nov 2011, 11:43
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Noted: Internet Sub Committee are looking into a solution for this problem.
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Thu 17th Nov 2011, 15:20
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Hi Dave,

Already raised this as an issue and I believe there are solutions in the pipeline. I have been assured that if you send a list to the membership secretary she will be happy to check these details for you in the interim.
Author: David W Street
Posted: Thu 17th Nov 2011, 12:22
Local Group: Bristol & West
Whilst appreciating that data protection now has to rule our lives I feel the new Admin site is a retrograde step. We have been encouraged to charge differential fees for challenge events to try to induce people to become LDWA members. However, we can now only validate entries from within our local group. I have been taking entries for the WyeForest 50 and have been checking for valid membership numbers. So far I have challenged 4 individuals which has resulted in new members for the LDWA. Today I logged onto the Admin site only to find that I can no long check these details. It also means that anyone entering who writes an un-legible email address (no body can print lower case!) will not get a route description sent out as I can't check it on the admin site.
This is madness as if I don't want any details known to others I will not supply them. Anything I have put on my membership details I expect to be made public. However, if data protection is such a big issue can we have a list of members initial, surname & internet address so that entry secretaries can do basic checks?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law