Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Six Dales Circuit

Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 14th Nov 2011, 8:32
Local Group: Marches
Thanks for a great event and for ordering the good weather as well, real classic and I prefered it this way round (seems easier somehow??!!) Those cheesy oat cakes are a hit. Dave - I noticed those inscriptions too and pearls of wisdom, but didn't spot you!!
Author: David Powell
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 22:26
Local Group: Heart of England
Just to add my thanks to the organisers a well run event scenery superb. You can't beat a bit of regional cuisine
and the oatcakes were a real highlight. One question does any one know what the pile of bricks with poetic inscriptions on
were about. They were stacked on the left as you ascended out of the last dale approaching Middleton.
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 19:21
Local Group: Staffordshire
Anyone just see 'Countryfile' on BBC1? The programme included a visit to Lathkilldale. It explained the lack of water in the river bed due to 'soughs' in the lead mines - and reflected on the work that would be needed to restore the river - which was a haven for the 'best' brown trout - noted by Charles Cotton [note the pub 'Charles Cotton' in Hartington].
Author: Lisa Gittins
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 15:50
Local Group: Merseystride
Fantastic event yesterday, thanx to everyone concerned. Superbly organised from the car parking at the start through to the issuing of certificates, and the checkpoints were awesome, the food was spot on, exactly what was required! Long may this event continue....we will hopefully be back again next year.
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 14:30
Local Group: Staffordshire
Thanks to Staffordshire group for a very pleasurable walk around South Peak District in autumn sunshine. Interesting area - and very interesting were the notices in Lathkilldale about the Slough. Thanks for the Staffordshire oat cakes, at the lunch stop & the sandwiches, pies and all the nibbles at the afternoon stop - I took all my own provisions home again! Louise

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law