Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Western Isles to Brighton - June 2012

Posted: Tue 27th Dec 2011, 19:32
Hi Richard,

Just wandering if you tried Mark Moxon's web site who had walked the LEJOG a few years ago. Although you are not doing that particular walk he does have loads of useful links that you may find helpful especially through Scotland and the north of England. Good luck with the trek which ever route you take. By the way are you intending to blog your journey?
Posted: Fri 30th Sep 2011, 13:45
I am planning a trip next year to begin at Stornaway (a cycle trip of 2 weeks with my wife). And then on arriving at Ardrossan will walk back to my home town of Brighton. So thought it would be appropriate to join the LDWA in advance and hopefully benefit from people with more experience.

I am in the process of designing a route (thanks already to your database, and the online OS) - see here http://g.co/maps/gnxzm

Would welcome any suggestions for any parts of the route but particularly for the for the section Ardrossan to Carlisle - River Ayr Way and then south, or down the coast and then East

Thanks
Richard

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law