Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Steve TAFFY Horvath ex military has joined and needs advice

Author: Philip Powell
Posted: Mon 20th Feb 2006, 15:47
Local Group: Northumbria
Steve

Have emailed you.
Posted: Sun 19th Feb 2006, 9:38
Thanks Julie,

As you say I'm hoping some of the techies may be able to help.

Am starting to get back in training this week, building up for my "Little Stroll" as some have nicknamed it.

Regards
Taffy
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Sat 18th Feb 2006, 19:53
Local Group: London
Hallo Steve. I'm sure there are quite a few LDWA teccies out there who will be able to come up with the right advice. Meantime, welcome to the LDWA.
Posted: Sat 18th Feb 2006, 19:27
Hi Folks,
As the newest member just wanted to say hi to all.
I have joined for 2 reasons. 1st to start enjoying the great outdoors again. 2nd To help me with a lovely condition that I am now disabled with. In Sept '05 I was diagnosed with severe PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) relating to my time as a military paramedic. Quite a severley debilitating illness so I have found out.

As a result of this I am now under the care of a charity called Combat Stress The Ex-Services Mental Welfare Society.

With Combat Stress in mind I am going to be starting a sponsored walk in March 2008 to raise funds for them and raise awareness of PTSD.

I am going to be walking throughout the UK, visiting every military base within the UK. Approx 10,000 - 15,000 miles. (Still in route planning phase). This is where I need advice.

What would be the best software to use to plot my route and then transfer it to a PDA/GPS combined system. I will have approx 1000-2500 locations to plot.

Not sure if i will have a support veh yet. Will be avoiding motorways and duals for obvious reasons.

I have been advised that Memory-Map is one of the best software to use.

Any help or advice welcome.

Kind regards to all

Steve "TAFFY" Horvath
Tel 01603 716778 email: slh1810@tiscali.co.uk

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law