Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 48th Across Wales Walk

Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Tue 6th Sep 2011, 22:47
Local Group: South Wales
Congratulations again to Stuart, his family and band of helpers for putting on another great event this year.

It missed out on the fun and activities at Clun Memorial Hall again this year as I was still on the first leg of my double-crossing attempt at that time. The crossing from Aberystwyth on Friday was in perfect conditions. I don't think I've seen that ground so dry especially across Pumlumon and he Kerry Ridgeway.

The main event crossing started well with good conditions. The 'wet stuff' started oi fall on me at the Hafren Forest checkpoint and by the time I got to the higher reaches of Pumlumon, it was horizontal, penetrating rain and the ground which was dry the day before had quickly reverted to it's normal Pumlumon bog.

The rain eased for me and only returned as I headed in darkness towards the lights of Clarach Bay and the finish.

Very enjoyable and especially great to meet up with the usual regulars and helpers plus some new faces.

Hopefully be back next year.

Bill.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law